Thursday, February 2, 2012

Double fold Birthday Card

Wow, I actually made something that wasn't pink, wedding related or for my daughter!!  How liberating LOL

I needed to make a birthday card for my father-in-law.  I saw the birthday cake cut on the Cricut Celebrations cartridge and really liked the image so I decided to go with it!  This is an adorable fold for a card.  I've seen it called the Tri-fold, the double fold and even the joy fold.  Don't know who originated it but it's always been called something different LOL.

The cake was cut at 3" from Paper Layerz by Megan paper

The right side is stamped with Pink by Design Scripted stamps


The paper is all from the Party Stack from My Mind's eye and I was able to get all the cuts from scrap paper I still had from other projects.

This is really an easy card to make and it always turns out soo cute.  Here's the recipe:

Starting with the left side of the card:

base cut: 4 1/2 x 7 3/4  scored at 2 1/4 and fold in
layers are cut: 3 3/4 x 5 1/4
flaps are both 2 x 4

The right side of the card:
base cut: 3 1/2 x 7 1/4 scored at 4" and folded in
layers are cut 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 front and back
center section inside is 3 3 1/4

Thanks for stopping  by and happy scrappin!

3 comments:

girlia said...

Very nice

Gloria said...

LOL how did you know i was going to ask for this recipe!!! thanks for sharing. Great Card!
Gloria C

Tiggerscraps said...

adorable, very neat
Marji
fellow dt sis
www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com