Friday, February 10, 2012

Birthday Scrapbook Day at My Cricut Craftroom

If you are here for the Paper Piecings by Nikki blog hop click here


Hi!  Thanks for stopping by today for scrapbook Friday at My Cricut Craft Room!  Today's theme is Birthday.

I made a scrapbook layout for my daughter's 30th birthday, believe me, after a year of wedding crafting in nothing but pink and silver, I am soo ready for some other colors in my life, but I figured I may as well do one more non-wedding thing of my daughter, so pink it is!  But I didn't have much pink paper left. I was lucky to find enough left overs to mat these four small photos and I am determined not to buy any more pink paper for at least 6 months.


All images were cut from the Celebrations cartridge.  "Happy Birthday" was cut in all three layers at 3".  The balloons were cut on shadow at 2 1/2".  I used the Party Time paper stack from My Minds Eye and the 3&0 are stickers from Thickers. I used coordinating paper to mat the photos twice and border the bottom of the page.  I used the same paper and cut out the party hats that are pop dotted on the photos. I added some Stickles in cotton candy to the letters for just a little shine and black licorice to the balloon strings.  The green glitter strip over the bottom border is actually tape from Recollections I found in a $1 bin at Michael's.

I hope you enjoyed my layout and here's hoping the pink is out of my life, at least for a little awhile!

Make sure you check out all the other projects like mine at My Cricut Craft Room today!

Thanks for looking and happy scrappin!

6 comments:

Doris P. said...

love the colors!! my oldest daughter turns 30 this year too!! love your LO!! - dt sis Doris

Gloria said...

beautiful layout!!
It's always about Heather!!! LOL

gloria c

Josie0602 said...

Our oldest son was 30 last October. Cant believe they have grown so fast! Great layout!!
DT sister
Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

Jen R said...

Super cute LO...I am going to be 30 in May. Eek!!! lol
DT Sister - Jenny R
myimagitivity.blogspot.com

Tiggerscraps said...

Very cute page.
fellow dt sis
www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

Missy said...

I really like your layout, the brght, fun colors look great!!