Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Paper Piecings by Nikki DT Posting

Hi all, it's been a very hectic December for me.  My mother passed away at the beginning of the month, out of state and I have been waiting for her cremains to arrive back home to me so my sister and I could start planning her memorial. We almost have all the arrangements finalized, Then my husband gets laid off and cramps my crafting time so I haven't been able to lose my thoughts in my craft room like I was hoping to help me through this.  Most of my postings have all been pre-scheduled so it probably looks like I've been busy crafting, but thank goodness for the blogger scheduling option that helps me get ahead of the game for trying times like this.  I promise I will get to reading all the wonderful comments everyone has left here over the last month.

But for today I thought I would do a "live" post and put up some of the projects I have been working on with Paper Piecings by Nikki's Very Beary Christmas collection.  This is a very versatile set, and can also be purchased as digi stamps.  Now I am not a stamper, I have found the "coloring" aspect really cramps my fingers, but they are so adorable I had to make some gift tags out of them.
These were colored with pencil they still are adorable though!
Now I was certain that I had taken pictures of the gifts I used these for, I remember setting the scene, etc.  But I can not find the pics, I must have gotten distracted and never actually took them.  I had made "reindeer beer" bottles, with pipe cleaners for antlers, googly eyes and even a red pompon nose.  I saw them in DIY Christmas ideas.  Adorable and can even be used on wine bottles and six packs of bottle root beer!


This is a very simple and cute card using the same digi stamp set "Very Beary Christmas".  My grandson actually used a couple of these images for a Christmas card for his teacher this year, it is sweet.

Now piecing is more my style, lol.  This adorable bear tangled in her Christmas lights is part of the Very Beary Christmas piecing collection.  Her bow and lights are lightly stickled for extra shine.

And finally I have a two-page 8x8 layout I made for my 5 year old grandson's Christmas program, can't wait to print the photos for it.  He sang "he'll be comin' round the mountain".  So adorable when a bunch of 5 year olds sing!



Thanks for stopping by and remember if you visit Nikki's blog and link up a project made with this adorable set, or her newest Baking Memories Pattern set --adorable gingerbread guys --, you are entered to win a huge crafting prize!  make sure you stop by and check it out, and all the beautiful projects made with her piecings!

Have a safe and blessed Christmas

No comments: