Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Cricut Craftroom Design team post

 Welcome to my edition of WYGEW with My Cricut Craft Room.  Today we are using the tag feature of any cartridge.  Well I came across Stand and Salute in my Scrap-n-Tote and realized I've never used it.  Now my grandson has LOL, yes he used my Cricut and only two cartridges, ever, Everyday Paper Dolls and Stand and Salute.  Why only these two?  Because he only makes military stuff of course.  Because of that he inspired me to make him some dog tags:

I cut the Eagle from pg 29; the star from pg 32
and the rifle from pg 49 using metallic paper from Colorbok


Even the little extras are kinda cute, the eagles, rifles and stars
 were saved for something I'm sure he'll make later. Can you see
just how shiny this paper is?  It's pretty thick too, so these will definitely
withstand play.

I used my Gypsy and cut each tag twice, flipping one so I could
glue them back to back for a more finished look.  I then strung them
on a chain, like real dog tags!


Well that is a very simple project anyone could accomplish to make just about any little boy's day!  To see more projects using the tag feature today be sure to visit My Cricut Craft Room.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrappin!

1 comment:

Doris P. said...

perfect creativity!! love the dog tags! my cricut craft room dt sis Doris
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com