Friday, June 29, 2012

Paper Piecings by Nikki DT Posting

Welcome Crafters how are you enjoying this very warm summer so far?

Today I wanted to share with you a couple cards I made using the Beach Bums Digi Stamps  and the You R My Sunshine Acrylic stamp set from Paper Piecings by Nikki.

Now I am in no way a stamper, I wish I were and keep trying, but I don't have the skill or patience for all that shading and correct lighting etc. so I just color them with pencils add a little Stickles here and there and some Glossy Accents and call it a day LOL.  I did try the water pen and ink method and that didn't work for me either (probably not the right type of ink?) So for now I'm sticking with pencils when I want the entire image colored and fine tip markers when I just want a little bit for highlight.


I'm not much for fussy cutting either (I should just give up on the digi idea LOL) so I used a heart stencil
to cut this little doll out
Now don't let my attempt at digi's discourage you from trying them yourself.  You can pick up this set here:

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/item_184/Beach-Bums-Digi-Stamps.htm

 http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/item_158/You-R-My-Sunshine-Acrylic-Stamp-Set.htm

Also don't forget to stop by Nikki's store and see what other fab files she has, along with her new stamp line and if you're on Facebook make sure you stop by, say hi and join in on the games and challenges we have every week!  Here's the links:  ppbncraftyinspirations and Paper Piecings by Nikki

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin!!!

1 comment:

waikiki hotel said...

Cool colors. I can feel the heat of summer! Keep posting please, your cards are great.