Welcome to the Spring Has Sprung Blog hop! Happy first day of Spring! Today many fabulous crafters will be showing you inspirational Spring projects!
This hop is sponsored by Ginger Snap Scraps, an online store run by Cori Wagner
The store will be opening in April
Cori is giving away a $10 gift card to the store to one lucky winner.
You must be a follower of Ginger Snap Scraps, the blog in order to win the $10 gift card.
Ginger Snap Scraps will carry Cricut products, Echo Park, Lawn Fawn, Bazzil Cardstock, The Twinery, Copics, My Mind Eye, La La Land and many more popular brands that you love!
The hop begins at Created By Cori. If you came from Ava then you are in the right place!
To celebrate Spring, and boy did it come early this year, I've made some flower pots. These pots are for sharing later in the month with some crafty friends.
I then rolled them all using the end of a paint brush to start. You don't need to keep them on the "roller" but it was easier to start this way and then half way through I pulled the paint brush out and finished rolling them. I then just let them drop onto my work surface so they would open up a little bit. Using a hot glue gun (only way for me to do them because it was easiest), I gently closed them up until they fit on the base again and stuck them into the glue.
I took shisk- ke-bob sticks, cut them in half, wrapped them in ribbon and glued the flowers on. I simply tied green "making memories" ribbon around the "stems" to act as leaves.I then stuck them all into little flower pots I picked up at the $1 store. I put a section of floral foam in the bottom, layered it with glue and stuck Easter basket stuffing on top.
|Inside each flower is either Crystal stickles, Liquid Pearls or a gem, just depended on the flower and it's size.|
This is the first time I've made flowers and I really like them. I was addicted and spent an entire Sunday afternoon going through my scraps and making flowers!
Thanks for stopping by, but before you leave how about some spring time blog candy? I am offering up an assortment of bling, some twine, ribbon and Spring inspired stickers (sorry couldn't get the picture to upload). All you need to do is be a follower (shameless plug for acceptance I know) and leave me a way to contact you should you win! It's that easy. I can only offer this to U.S. residents unfortunately due to postage.
Now take yourself over to see the fabulous project made by the totally awesome Ashley!
Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin!
Here is the entire blog hop line up in case you get lost and need to come back to find your way:
- Cori- http://createdbycori.blogspot.com
- Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com
- Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
- Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com
- Beckie - http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
- Anita http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
- Charity - http://adamsacres.com
- Theresa - http://scrappinginheels.blogspot.com
- Ava- http://scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com
- Liz - http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com <-- you are here
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
- Liz Mullen http://scrapiliciouslife.blogspot.com
- Melissa Pinter- http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com
- Shannon- http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com
- Sylvia - http://bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com