Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quick birthday cards

Hi all happy Tuesday, the count down to the Holiday weekend has started!!!  Today I have two quick and simple birthday cards.  My daughter needed two cards for the twins of friends who were turning two, and she needed them in 30 minutes because they were leaving for the party.  Gotta love it!!  I used the Birthday Bash cartridge and cut the card feature at 6", which made a 3 x 3 card.  The bird was cut at 3 1/2", along with the balloon, I didn't cut the string but used a piece of twine instead and placed it on an Action Wobble.  I added googly eyes because little kids always love them. The "2" was cut at 1 1/2 ".
The seal was cut at 3 1/2".  At this size the eyes,nose and mouth didn't cut well, so I used googly eyes and drew the mouth and nose in.  I used coordinating paper from the Birthday Extravaganza paperstack by The Paper Studio, along with the candles for the second card.  I simply trimmed out two candles and layered them behind the number 2.  I just alternated the two patterns to give the cards a uniform but separate look.


Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!!

4 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Those are so cute!! I'm sure they were just loving those!

Sheena said...

Super Cute!

girlia said...

This card is just too adorable.

Rhonda Emery said...

too cute. love it